- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Sides
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Kid Friendly, Soy Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 8 Servings
- Olive oil spray (or vegan cooking spray, soy-free if necessary)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. warm water
- 2 tbsp. flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with olive oil.
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup or a medium bowl. Combine the water and flax meal in a small cup or bowl. Allow both to rest for 3 to 4 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, cumin, and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flax meal mixture to the milk once it has thickened. Combine the sunflower oil and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into the skillet that has been preheated.
- 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow for a 5- to 10-minute rest before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbs: 16.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Sugar: 6g