- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Desserts
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Kid Friendly, Soy Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 12 Bars
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup sweet white rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp. tapioca powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Scrapings from inside 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp. vanilla powder)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Allow some to hang over the edges of the pan to make it easier to remove the blondies from the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, rice flour, coconut sugar, tapioca powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cashew butter, maple syrup, applesauce, and coconut oil with a hand mixer. Combine the vinegar, vanilla bean scrapings, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- 30–35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and firm, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan after removing from the oven.
- When the blondie is cool enough to handle, lift it out of the baking dish with the parchment paper. Cut into 12 pieces. The blondies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container, but they will keep their moisture longer if refrigerated. They can be stored for 3 to 4 days.
I’m sure I don’t have to tell all you crazy chocoholics out there that these blondies beg for chocolate chips. Before transferring the batter to the baking dish, fold in 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 22.7g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Sugar: 13g