- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Sides
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- itemprop=”recipeIngredient”1/4 tsp. black pepper
CORN ON THE COB
- At least 4 ears corn, in the husks (1 or more per person)
- Vegan butter (soy-free if necessary)
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
To make the ranch seasoning:
- In a food processor or spice grinder, combine all of the ingredients. Pulse a few times more until it’s a coarse powder. Place in a jar or an airtight container.
To make the corn on the cob:
- Remove the husks of the corn without removing them. Take out and discard all of the silk. Remove the husks from the ears of corn and place them in a large bowl or pot of cold water. Allow for a 15-minute soak.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high or a grill pan over medium heat on the stove. Grill the corn for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until the husks are slightly charred and the corn is tender.
- Peel back the husks, place the corn directly on the grill, and cook for a couple of minutes on each side if you want pretty grill marks. Otherwise, simply take the corn off the grill.
- Pull back the husks with a kitchen towel. Tie them together to make a handle. Spread butter on each ear and generously season with ranch seasoning. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
The corn can also be roasted. Skip the soaking and remove the husks when you remove the silk. Each ear should be placed on a sheet of aluminum foil. Spread butter on the corn, then generously sprinkle with ranch seasoning. Wrap the aluminum foil around the corn tightly. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the corn is tender, at (230°C, or gas mark 8).
You will have leftover spice blend, but don’t worry—you can use it just like any other spice blend! Use it in the marinade for the Grilled Veggie Kebabs, on the Perfect Roasted Potatoes before baking, or on the Quick & Easy Avocado Toast.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 5.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Sugar: 6g