- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Sides
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
- 3lb (48oz) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (nut-free and/or soy-free if necessary), plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill a pot halfway with water and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Return the potatoes to the pot after draining.
- Combine the milk and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Mash until the desired consistency is reached. If the potatoes are still too dry, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until they reach the desired moisture level. Season with salt and pepper. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Truffled Mashed Potatoes: Replace 3 tbsp. olive oil with truffle oil and add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder to the mashed potatoes.
Process the mashed potatoes with the milk and olive oil in a food processor to make them extra smooth.