- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 8 Pancakes
- 3/4 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (soy-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (nut-free and/or soy-free if necessary)
- 1 1/3 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (or nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Vegan cooking spray (soy-free if necessary)
- Vegan butter (soy-free if necessary), optional
- Whisk together the oat flour, gluten-free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- For a few minutes, heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Cooking spray should be used sparingly. Scoop the batter onto the pan with a 1/3-cup measuring cup and cook until the top begins to bubble, and the edges begin to lift. Flip the pancake with a spatula. Cook for an additional minute or two. Lift the edge of the pancake gently to ensure it is golden brown, then transfer it to a plate (or the oven, as in Tip below). Rep with the remaining batter, making sure to re-grease the pan in between pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup and a pat of butter, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
This batter can also be used to make waffles by cooking it in a waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you aren’t going to serve the pancakes right away, preheat the oven to the lowest setting before you begin making the batter. On a baking sheet, place a cooling rack. When a pancake is done, place it on a cooling rack and place the baking sheet in the oven. Continue to transfer all of the pancakes to the rack (avoiding overlapping if possible) and leave them there for up to 20 minutes.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 178
- Fat: .7g
- Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Sugar: 31.3g