- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter (soy-free if necessary, or coconut oil), melted
- Salt to taste
- Combine the nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a small cup or bowl. Place aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and 3 popcorn kernels over medium-high heat. When the kernels have popped, add the remaining kernels, cover the pot, shake it a few times, and return to the heat. When the popping starts, shake it every 3 to 5 seconds until the popping stops. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Cover the pot again and shake to coat the popcorn with the melted butter. Uncover the pot and stir in the nutritional yeast mixture. Replace the lid and shake to coat. Uncover the pot and season with salt. Serve right away.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 11.1g
- Carbs: 6.7g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Sugar: .7g