- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Kid Friendly, Soy Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes (or add 15 minutes to make the Refried Beans)
- Recipe Yield: Makes 4 Quesadillas
- 2 cups 15-Minute Refried Beans
- 4 flour tortillas (sub brown rice wraps if gluten-free)
- Basic Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Salsa and/or guacamole
- On one half of a tortilla, spread 1/2 cup of the beans. Drizzle the cheese sauce on top of the beans. Fold the other side of the tortilla over the beans and cheese gently. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat, preferably cast iron. Place one to two quesadillas (if they will fit) in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy. Cover with aluminum foil and place on a plate to keep warm. Rep with the rest of the quesadillas. Serve with salsa and/or guacamole as soon as possible.
You can make the refried beans and/or the cheese sauce ahead of time to speed up the preparation of these quesadillas. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover refried beans from the Mexican Pizza with 15-Minute Refried Beans recipe.
Remember to use coconut aminos in the refried beans and chickpea miso in the cashew cheese sauce to keep this dish soy-free.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 52
- Fat: .7g
- Carbs: 10.7g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Sugar: .2g