- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Mains
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Kid Friendly, Soy Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 2 Sammies
- 4 bread slices (gluten-free if necessary)
- Vegan butter (soy-free if necessary)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 batch Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce, Melty Variation
- Optional add-ins: Tempeh Bacon Crumbles, Pickled Red Cabbage & Onion Relish, sliced tomatoes, chopped green onions
- Vegan mayonnaise (soy-free if necessary)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toast the bread on a medium setting in a toaster—you don’t want it to get too toasted. Butter the toast lightly. Distribute half of the avocado slices between two slices of toast. Put them on a baking sheet. Season the avocado with salt and pepper. Drizzle or dollop on top of the cheese sauce. Broil the baking sheet for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with your desired toppings (if using). Place the remaining slices of toast on top of the sandwiches and spread with mayonnaise. Serve right away.
Heat the cheese sauce just before putting the sandwiches in the oven.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 28.2g
- Carbs: 20.3g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Sugar: 1.7g