- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
- 1 long vegan baguette (or other crusty bread; gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans (or one 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 3/4 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well drained and diced small
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chiffonade
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (or other toasted nut or seed), optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet in 1/2-inch slices. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and toasted. Place aside.
- While the bread is toasting, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop some of the bean mixture onto each toast and top with pine nuts and green onions (if using). Serve right away.
You can make the bruschetta topping ahead of time and chill it until ready to use.
If you have any leftover bean mixture, it makes an excellent wrap or sandwich filling.