- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Sides
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Kid Friendly, Soy Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: Depends on potatos (1 per person)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 russet potato per person (or 1/2 potato per person if using as a side dish), peeled
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, optional
- Vegan sauces (such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, or ranch dressing; gluten-free, nut-free, and/or soy-free if necessary), for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil—do the math—you can fit about 2 potatoes per baking sheet. Spray the foil lightly with olive oil.
- Each potato should be cut into similar-sized strips or wedges. It’s critical that they’re all the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Arrange the fries on the baking sheets that have been prepared. Drizzle a light layer of olive oil over the fries. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if using). Toss to coat and reposition the slices on the sheet so they don’t touch (as much as possible). This will help them crisp up.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking. They’re done when the outside is crispy and lightly browned but still easily pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and immediately serve with your preferred dipping sauce (s).
If you’re in a hurry, you don’t have to peel the potatoes, but it makes a big difference in flavor and texture.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 3g
- Carbs: 21g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Sugar: 2.3g