- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Mains
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 12oz gluten free pasta (or use Banza pasta for a grain free option)
- One 12oz vacuum-packed block extra firm silken tofu
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened non-dairy milk (nut-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1lb shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (see Variation)
- 1/2 cup vegan white wine (or low-sodium vegetable broth)
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add the pasta. Cook until al dente according to package directions. Set aside after draining.
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, lemon juice, milk, and vinegar and process until smooth. Place aside.
- In a large shallow saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sauté the shallots and garlic until the shallots are nearly translucent.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Cook until the liquid has been absorbed, then add the wine. Combine the nutritional yeast and paprika in a mixing bowl.
- Cook until the tofu mixture is thoroughly heated. Combine the parsley, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Fold in the pasta and serve right away. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can substitute other types of mushrooms, or even a mixture of mushroom, for the shiitakes.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 689
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbs: 141g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Sugar: 4.5g