- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Sides
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. tahini (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 English cucumbers
- Smoked paprika for dusting
- Chives, sliced into 1-inch pieces
To make the hummus:
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients and process until smooth, pausing to scrape the sides as needed. You may need to add water to help smooth it out along the way, but you want a thick hummus. Place the hummus in a pastry bag or a large resealable plastic bag with a cut corner. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the cucumber cups:
- Cucumbers should have their ends trimmed. Peel strips of skin from the cucumbers’ sides to create a striped pattern. You can also choose to peel them completely or not at all. Cucumbers, cut into 1-inch sections Hollow out the insides of the cucumbers with a melon baller or a teaspoon, leaving a thick section at one end so the “cup” has a bottom. Arrange the cups on a plate or platter.
- Fill each cup halfway with hummus, piling some on top. Dust the tops with paprika and top with 1 or 2 chive pieces. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftover hummus in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.