- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 1 Serving
- 2 vegan bread slices (we love this Vegan Oat Bread)
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 3/4 tsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds (or sunflower seeds, or toasted pepitas/pumpkin seeds)
Toast your bread. Scoop half of the avocado onto each slice of toast and mash with a fork to spread it out. If using, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and top with seeds. Serve right away.
Ripe avocados work best in this recipe. The avocado should be soft but not mushy. When the stem at the top of the avocado is removed, the flesh underneath should be yellow. Green indicates that it is not ripe enough, while brown indicates that it is overripe (though you could probably still get away with an overripe avocado here).
If you have any leftover Lemon Tahini Sauce, drizzle it on this toast.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 19.7g
- Carbs: 9.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Sugar: .5g