- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
- Olive oil spray or vegan cooking spray (soy-free if necessary)
- 2lb (32oz) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter (soy-free if necessary), melted (or 1/4 cup olive oil)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried thyme or rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Spray two baking sheets lightly with olive oil.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Drain.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheets in a single layer. Use a spatula to gently squish each one. Distribute the butter over the potatoes. Top with the garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread them out again, making sure no pieces touch. Cook for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve right away. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
If garlic powder, thyme, or rosemary aren’t your thing, feel free to experiment with other seasonings.