- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 or 4 red potatoes (about 18 oz., chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Low-sodium vegetable broth, optional
- 1 bunch (12 to 16 oz. dino kale (aka lacinato or black kale), stems removed, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For a minute, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic, potatoes, mushrooms, and Old Bay are tender and the potatoes are golden. If it sticks, add a splash of vegetable broth and reduce the heat.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the kale and cook until it is wilted. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbs: 30g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Sugar: 3.2g