- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Kid Friendly, Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 12 Bars
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter or nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. apple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup chopped dried fruit (cherries, apricots, raisins, blueberries, apples, peach, and/or mango)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, and/or peanuts; see Variation)
- 1/2 cup sunflower (or pepitas/pumpkin seeds, or mixture of both)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, nut butter, apple juice, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt and process until smooth. Place aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. Stir in the date mixture until well combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and smooth with a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and cool completely before transferring to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Remove the granola from the refrigerator and lift it out of the baking dish using the parchment paper. Cut into 12 bars. Refrigerate in an airtight container. The bars will last 7 to 10 days.
To make these bars nut-free, use a seed butter instead of nuts and replace the nuts with more sunflower seeds or pepitas.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 14g
- Carbs: 16g
- Protein: 6g
- Sugar: 2.2g