- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Condiments
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter (soy-free if necessary)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 21/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. tahini (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp. liquid aminos (or gluten-free tamari; use coconut aminos to be soy-free)
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large shallow saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Cook for another minute after adding the thyme and rosemary. Cook, stirring constantly, until the flour has been completely incorporated.
- Stir in the broth, tahini, and liquid aminos until well combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the gravy is thick and glossy. Remove from the heat after adding the nutritional yeast.
- Blend the gravy with an immersion blender until smooth. Transfer the gravy to a blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve right away. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.