- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Vegan
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1 cup navy beans soaked overnight or 2 cans cooked navy beans
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato cubed
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups of water (or 5 cups low sodium veggie broth and 3 cups water)
- 2 veggie bullion cubes (skip if using veggie broth)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package GF lasagna noodles (or 10oz of whatever noodles you have on hand!)
- Start by adding the beans, potato, and cashews to a medium pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes, or until the beans and potatoes are tender.
- In a large stock pot over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions. Cook the onions until they being to turn a bit translucent. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic and continue to sauté for another 5-6 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot by adding 5 cups of water (or veggie broth). Turn the heat to medium-high. When the water begins simmering add the bullions if using. Mix to combine the bullion.
- When the beans and potatoes are tender, strain the pot and add the beans, potato, and cashews to a blender. Add the nutritional yeast, vegan mozzarella cheese, salt, and 3 cups of water to the blender. Blend on high until smooth, but be careful the mixture will be very hot!
- Add the cream mixture to the broth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite size-ish pieces and add the noodles to the stock pot. Boil for another 10 minutes or until the noodles are done.