- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Grain Free, Kid Friendly, Vegan
- Prep Time: -
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- One 8oz package tempeh
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup vegan barbecue sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the tempeh block in half horizontally, then each half diagonally to make four triangles. Each of these should be cut in half horizontally to yield eight triangles (they should all be the same size of the original four triangles).
- In a large frying pan, preferably cast iron, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the tempeh triangles for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden cooking marks appear on each side.
- Pour half of the sauce over the triangles, spreading it out to cover them, and then flipping them over to cook in the sauce. Repeat with the remaining sauce once that sauce has been absorbed. Remove from the heat once all of the sauce has been absorbed and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Recipe Nutrition Info
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 8g
- Carbs: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.7g
- Sugar: .5g