- Recipe Cuisine: Vegan
- Recipe Category: Small Plates
- Tagged: Dairy Free, Gluten Free Option, Vegan
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Recipe Yield:
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hearts of palm
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 vegan bread slices (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup very thinly sliced radishes
- Mash the avocado flesh in a medium bowl until mostly smooth. Combine the lemon juice, hearts of palm, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the avocado mixture on 4 slices of bread. Top with radish slices and sprinkle with parsley. Place another piece of bread on top of each.
- Cut the crusts off each sandwich with a bread knife, then slice each sandwich into four triangles or squares. Serve immediately or store the sandwiches in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours before serving.
If you lightly toast gluten-free bread before using it, it sometimes tastes better and doesn’t dry out as much.